PDA

View Full Version : Can a Blackberry do this?

pthurst
06-03-2008, 10:53 AM
I've searched everywhere but to no avail.

I need to know if Blackberrys can run a sync'd calander. Basically I mean, can I add an entry into mine and it sync with my colleagues blackberrys too.

This way I can avoid double booking and always know what my business buddies are up too.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated as the salespeople in the mobile phone shops are useless box-shifters :-)

Thanks,

Paul

Dawg
06-03-2008, 11:00 AM
If your company is on BES then yes it is totally possible.

pthurst
06-03-2008, 11:07 AM
I presume that's some kind of 'always on' windows based software...

We don't have a sever, the company isn't big enough and I was kind of hoping that the devices could somehow be configured to do it independently of any backup PC

takeshi
06-03-2008, 11:10 AM
To sync to each other? Your best bet is to probably try using meeting requests. I don't know how well they work on BIS. They're great on BES though.

Dawg
06-03-2008, 11:13 AM
The only way you could do it is then. You could sync all devices to the same outlook. There is a new software that hasnt been released for use in the states it is called Blackberry unite and its what you would be looking for. But there again it need to be running at all times and have acess to the net.

pthurst
06-03-2008, 11:27 AM
The only way you could do it is then. You could sync all devices to the same outlook. There is a new software that hasnt been released for use in the states it is called Blackberry unite and its what you would be looking for. But there again it need to be running at all times and have acess to the net.

THe 'unite' thing meets my requirements perfectly! That's sealed it for the BBB!

Thanks for your help too!

Dawg
06-03-2008, 12:11 PM
No problem at all.

Cory Scheuer
06-03-2008, 01:17 PM
Or you can use the OTA sync as well from thinkpost.net that program will wirelessly sync everything you need, from calenders and contacts to notes and tasks. the good thing about the OTA sync is it wont add a IT policy and its all done wirelessly

drgarth27
06-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Or you can use the OTA sync as well from thinkpost.net that program will wirelessly sync everything you need, from calenders and contacts to notes and tasks. the good thing about the OTA sync is it wont add a IT policy and its all done wirelessly

Cory,

Can you use this option for one phone on BES (my wife) and another on BIS (mine)?

Garth

servant of the empire
06-03-2008, 02:23 PM
Wirelessly posted

To sync to each other? Your best bet is to probably try using meeting requests. I don't know how well they work on BIS. They're great on BES though.

Meeting requests work perfectly on BIS. At least for me.

Dawg
06-03-2008, 02:47 PM
corys solution is a great idea. Its not free but still a good idea