PDA

View Full Version : Data Transfer when USB is broken (8830 Verizon)

santrosm
06-03-2008, 10:59 AM
My mini USB port has broken on my Verizon 8830 World Edition. They are sending me a new one of course, however I cannot do a backup of my current data. I am not concern about the email or pictures. Email is replicated on other sources and I have moved my Pics to the SD card. I am, however, concerned about getting all my contact info off this phone. I have a backup but have added contacts since that last backup. Without the USB port I can not pull a differential before switching phones.

Anyone have any suggestions, other then copying and pasting each record in an email?

Thatzmister2u
06-03-2008, 11:03 AM
My mini USB port has broken on my Verizon 8830 World Edition. They are sending me a new one of course, however I cannot do a backup of my current data. I am not concern about the email or pictures. Email is replicated on other sources and I have moved my Pics to the SD card. I am, however, concerned about getting all my contact info off this phone. I have a backup but have added contacts since that last backup. Without the USB port I can not pull a differential before switching phones.

Anyone have any suggestions, other then copying and pasting each record in an email?

Blue Tooth. Find a PC that supports it and you should be able to Download it.

Good Luck!

E-