PDA

View Full Version : 4.5.0.37 browser missing

fizzleation
06-03-2008, 11:14 PM
I updated to .37 after going back to .28 because of call quality issues (both legit copies, from RIM). Now my BB browser is missing and opera mini won't work. I tried registering the service books but that was a no go. any ideas? Thanks!

John Clark
06-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Did you try sending the service books from the BIS site via PC?

fizzleation
06-03-2008, 11:22 PM
Thanks, I didn't think of that! unfortunately that didn't work either though. Any other ideas?

fizzleation
06-03-2008, 11:23 PM
also, in the app loader it says that it is being loaded to the device but it is grayed out. I can't remember if that is always gray or not. The message it gives me if I try to go in through the bbfroums icon is "your device does not currently have an Browser Configurations Service Book Entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device".

John Clark
06-03-2008, 11:30 PM
For some reason you're not getting your service books. It might just take a while. I've seen that happen on AT&T before.

fizzleation
06-03-2008, 11:35 PM
alrighty, I'll wait it out. Thanks for your help!
Oh no, Here come the tremors and the cold sweats....

John Clark
06-03-2008, 11:39 PM
I don't know what else to suggest. If your service books are missing, there's not much you can do.

Cory Scheuer
06-04-2008, 12:06 AM
try deleting all your service books in options> advance options> service books> then select a service> hit menu> delete... and do that for all of the service books...

after that, do a battery pull with the device on... once its booted back up, go into options> advance options> host routing table> hit menu> register now...

after thats done, go log into your BIS site, and resend service books...

after all that, you should be good to do :)

fizzleation
06-04-2008, 12:35 AM
alright, I tried those steps and I still get nothing. This is very strange. It shows that I have the browser config for 5-click service as well as the internet browsing service on my device... I appreciate the help from both of you! Any other thoughts?

Cory Scheuer
06-04-2008, 12:43 AM
are you sure maybe the icon isnt just hidding? do you have the icon when you hold down alt and press back? do you have the browser icon in the switch application screen?

kalikidtx
06-04-2008, 12:48 AM
i know this sounds really obvious but out have tried a hard reset (pulling the batter) then registering on network and trying service books then? that should do it

Cory Scheuer
06-04-2008, 12:51 AM
^ ummm you didnt read the whole thread did you? this was already said about 3 times :)

fizzleation
06-04-2008, 12:54 AM
I got that very scared feeling all of a sudden that I may have had it hidden, but no, when I did unhide all it wasn't there either.. which is good since I would have had to hurl myself off my roof. I also did the hard reset many many times to no avail. After researching the issue more it looks like this happens a lot with at&t, like john said. I guess I will call CS and have them manually push the service books again and see if they have any suggestions (my guess is no but it's worth a try?)

Cory Scheuer
06-04-2008, 01:06 AM
I'm out of ideas, the only thing that i can think of now is if there is a IT policy on the device (like BB Unite!) that would stop the browser from showing up...

fizzleation
06-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Cory, clearly you were not out of ideas, it was bbunite! Good catch! It says that there is a bbunite IT policy on the device (my goodness that software is crap... I'm sure there is some use for it but it isn't worth the trouble). I just used Jl_CMDer reset it to its factory state then I'll reinstall 4.5.0.37. Thanks for all of your help!

John Clark
06-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Did you check the sticky thread about BBUnite Policy?

fizzleation
06-04-2008, 04:33 PM
quick question: If I restore my settings and apps to the device will the IT policy go back on?

John Clark
06-04-2008, 04:37 PM
It will if you still have Unite! installed.

There is a sticky thread in the BBUnite Forum about editing the policy in Unite! to enable bluetooth and the browser.

Cory Scheuer
06-04-2008, 11:58 PM
no, as long as Unite is off your machine, then you can restore without any issues...