PDA

View Full Version : Setting up Categories

tsells1
06-04-2008, 10:41 AM
I have a 8830 World Edition

I'm trying to get my contact categories set so that when my phone syncs with the car handsfree I only have my selected categories available in the car address book.

Under otions>bluetooth>options I have set "address book transfer to "Selected Categories Only"

For my choice contacts I have checked the category i want transferred (i.e. mobile, personal, etc.)

My problem is => each category for the contact is being transferred. :? If I have just MOBILE checked for a contact, shouldn't only the mobile number be trasferred for that person? Not the other numbers assigned to that contact that is NOT CHECKED.

djm2
06-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I suspect that you are mis-understanding the use of categories. These typically are applied to the contact, not the phone number within each contact. So, a contact could be a work-related contact. If you elected to sync work contacts, all of his/her numbers would be transferred to the vehicle.

Does this help explain why you are seeing the behavior that you are seeing, even if it isn't what you want to have happen?

tsells1
06-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Now that you've pointed that out, it's makes perfect sense. This is exactly how the functionality has been acting. thanks! (y)