PDA

View Full Version : Invisible contact?

mYeeZ
06-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Hello all, new to the forum and my BB.

i transferred my contacts from my old phone and one and only one of my contacts cannot be found... As in...

I can't find this person in my contact list but when they call me, their caller id and info pops up on my screen, even their picture id.

Anyone ever seen this or know how to fix?

Thanks

John Clark
06-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Is the contact saved on the sim card, by chance?

mYeeZ
06-04-2008, 05:20 PM
I don't think so. I have Verizon and they don't use SIM cards.

I did a SIM contact lookup and got "error accessing SIM"

John Clark
06-04-2008, 05:25 PM
*smacks head* Duh! If it's pulling up a name, then it's got to be in there somewhere.

djm2
06-04-2008, 07:18 PM
By any chance do they have a suffix to their name, like Hannibal Lector III or George Smith, MD. I have on occasion found that including the suffixes causes some interesting sorting issues.

juwaack68
06-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Try using the Search icon to search the Address Book for the name. See what contact it might be hidden in.

mYeeZ
06-04-2008, 07:35 PM
there is no suffix to their name... It's basic, like John Smith.

I did a lookup and it did not find them...

I could add them again but this is too interesting for an easy fix and it really doesn't fix it. :-p

Grunge
07-01-2008, 06:17 AM
Hi there,

How many contacts do you have on your Blackberry ?
I have the same problem here (for a customer of us)

I cannot find a contact name "anne johnstone"
If she call, her name appears

if I search on "an john" I find her
if I search on "anne", I don't find anything :(

Is your problem solved ? how ?

Do you know how is the index of the address book saved ?
I'm afraid we reach the maximum of contacts supported by the address book (14673 contacts)

Thx for your answers,

Yannick

dillyyo
07-11-2008, 08:36 PM
I also had this issue and it lies in the "categories" options. When in your address book, click on the MENU button. Scroll up to "filters" and you will see a box for Personal and Business category. If you have either of these checked and you did not assign a category, in the specific contact info of your so called "invisible" contact, it will not show up. If you have both of these boxes unlicked then you can see all of the contacts in your phone.

For people who use BIS and still need contacts from an Outlook BES, transfer the contacts you would like into your "contacts list" of your BES OPutlook account and when all there, highlight all of them and select categories. You can then click on "business and all of the contacts in your BB will be assigned as Business contacts and wil come up when you click on that filter.