PDA

View Full Version : My only issue with my BB is the track ball

kalinka
06-05-2008, 09:33 AM
I dont know if it is me or what but I am now on my 3th Pearl. Not sure why but with in a month my track ball is totally not working. I just swapped out my second one last night. I did bring it in to see if it was dirty or i did something too it and the tech pulled it out and sprayed it with air and put it back in and it still would not scroll. It moves side to side but not up and down. I lived with it until it was no longer operable. The other two did the same thing. I dont carry it in linty places. I cant figure it out.

I have not seen any posts on this so I am assuming that this is not a common problem. Any ideas on this one? I am just curious, its not an issue for me now as I have a new one.

Kalinka

JSanders
06-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Something is up there... three in a row with the same issue?

ezrunner
06-05-2008, 09:49 AM
been using pearl for a year with no issue and an 8800 for 9 months no issue

Dawg
06-05-2008, 09:51 AM
man I carried mine in my pockets and in my jeep and i live on a dirt road and I never had one issue with the track ball. That is very strange

kalinka
06-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Yep three in a row. The feeling is almost like the track ball has gotten rusty and it does not move the little mouse. The only thing I can think of at this point is maybe i touched it with something on my hand or something. IF i am cooking and it rings maybe i had some oil on my finger?? But what are the odds of it happening three times.

It is soooo nice having a new one today. I am going to be adding a Curve next week, if one of those have a track ball issue then it is obviously something I am doing wrong.

Kalinka

JSanders
06-05-2008, 09:59 AM
If the trackball won't move in one or more directions, the common RIM recommended fix is to press the trackball firmly while scrolling IN the direction it doesn't want to move.

kalinka
06-05-2008, 10:02 AM
If the trackball won't move in one or more directions, the common RIM recommended fix is to press the trackball firmly while scrolling IN the direction it doesn't want to move.

Yep I did try that, it was totally done, as in stick a fork in it

dwp1975
06-05-2008, 10:13 AM
Trackballs are a hit or miss, some work flawlessly, others barely work. I've owned 7 trackball Blackberrys and 1 trackwheel Blackberry, 4 of those 7 were the current 8130 which had trackball issues in addition to more severe issues that caused me to return them. The current 8130 I have had a really bad case of trackball sticking 2 days ago, but I managed to get it to work again. They are definately less reliable than the old trackwheel. RIM may need to put some more R&D funding into finding a new navigation.

kalinka
06-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Trackballs are a hit or miss, some work flawlessly, others barely work. I've owned 7 trackball Blackberrys and 1 trackwheel Blackberry, 4 of those 7 were the current 8130 which had trackball issues in addition to more severe issues that caused me to return them. The current 8130 I have had a really bad case of trackball sticking 2 days ago, but I managed to get it to work again. They are definately less reliable than the old trackwheel. RIM may need to put some more R&D funding into finding a new navigation.

I was thinking the same thing. They need to have something a bit more reliable. They could also fix the call waiting issue and display the number you are on with rather than the last number that you picked up. That is just a software issue because most phones do it.

Naked Wife
06-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Wirelessly posted (NakedBerry)

Don't touch the trackball while you're eating Buffalo Chicken Wings!

kalinka
06-05-2008, 11:26 AM

no problem i am a vegetarian, Maybe its my hair product on my hands... ok i am reaching now.

dwp1975
06-05-2008, 11:26 AM

Ha ha, or anything that leaves residue for that matter....:razz: