PDA

View Full Version : Shortcuts not working! PLEASE HELP

ipdocs
06-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Hi. I've been a BB user for awhile now and know the basics of hitting "F" for forwarding messages, "R" for replying etc. However, yesterday, I accidentally pressed some weird combination that made my language turn into some characters I didn’t recognize. I switched it back by going to the Language and putting it as English again, but now, everytime Im in a message and hit "R" to reply/"F" to forward etc., or even "T" to go to the TOP of the message, it doesn’t work! Instead it asks if I want to assign a speed dial to R when I press on R long enough.

I use these shortcuts on a daily basis and it is DRIVING ME INSANE. Can someone please help me out?????? I would be forever in debt!

ricpac
06-05-2008, 01:46 PM
Welcome to BBF!

Have you tried a battery-pull yet? 1st step to take if device is having problems? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/1st_step_to_take_if_device_is_having_problems%3F)

ipdocs
06-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Yes - forgot to mention that it was the first thing I tried.! I think one of my settings changed and that's why it's not working...

ezrunner
06-05-2008, 02:44 PM
Wirelessly posted (my new touch button BB)

Check and see if you enabled dialing from home screen

ipdocs
06-05-2008, 04:02 PM
It's not that either because I have that disabled (and always had it disabled...)

ipdocs
06-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Argh it's driving me insane! I've been playing with it for hours now. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Chrisb455
06-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Wirelessly posted

Do you have a backup before the whole mess happened? If so you could restore from that.