PDA

View Full Version : Sync Issue - Outlook 2003 Not listed

Dunmann
06-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Hello,

I am trying to setup my 8330 to sync with my Outlook 2003 running on Windows XP using the BB Desktop Manager. For any application (Calendar, Address, etc), when I get to the "Select a desktop application" for sync'ing, Outlook is not an "Available desktop application". I only have ASCII Importer/Exporter and Yahoo! Outlook is configured as my default e-mail program, and I use it on a daily basis. Any ideas?

I did try this on another computer... loaded up the BB software manager and I was able to get Outlook 2003 to show on the list! So it's not the 8330 or the BB software I loaded. Is there a setting within XP that I'm missing?

Thanks.

dualsub2006
06-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Try doing a detect and repair in Outlook. I had this problem a couple of years ago with my Treo and Outlook 2003. Detect and repair solved the problem for me.

You will very likely need to have your original install disk, but the detect and repair will not unwind any service packs or hot fixes that you have applied.

Dunmann
06-06-2008, 01:48 PM
That did the trick... although I had to do a full Office repair from the original CD. Thanks, you da man!

dualsub2006
06-09-2008, 09:41 AM
Hot fixes and installing other office applications and email clients are the biggest reasons why Outlook becomes "lost" to applications like Desktop Manager or Palm Hot Sync. Office Service Packs are supposed to correct these types of issues for you. It is always best to check and make sure that you are using the latest release.