PDA

View Full Version : BB 8700 question

DozertheDozarian
06-06-2008, 03:36 PM
I've recently took up supporting Blackberries in an Enterprise environment. Prior to that, my exposure to them had been non-existent. I've got a user who has an 8700 and the problem she is having is that the password screen won't go past the "Enter the word <blackberry>".

She knows her password but it still won't work. It won't accept <blackberry> and won't continue down the path. As I said, I have a limited amount of experience with them. I'm at the point where I'm going to have her ship me the BB and see if I can work on it here. Problem is, she is a remote user and then she'd be without her cell.

I'm not trying to find a crack. I'm pretty sure the company can afford to buy another one. I'm just trying to see if I can resolve the issue without bringing the user down for a few days. Thanks for any info you guys might have.

Dozer

JSanders
06-06-2008, 03:43 PM
Dozer, welcome to the forums.

Is she having any other keyboard issues, a key not working or such. Does she have any odd language input set (Options > Language > Input Method?

Do I understand that she has entered an incorrect password already? Does she know that upon the 10th incorrect entry, the device will wipe itself all personal data and information?

DozertheDozarian
06-06-2008, 03:58 PM
I explained the password count to her. However, she can't get passed the blackberry entry to continue with that.

I hadn't considered a stuck/bad key though. I'll have her check that out. That's the part of remote support that is not so fun!

Thanks!

JSanders
06-06-2008, 04:01 PM
AND if by chance she is on an alternate language input, if the shortcut for changing that is enabled, it is ALT + ENTER and should cycle through the languages back to english--if that is the issue, and I don't recall if you change a language input whilst the BB is locked.