PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry 8830: Why do I keep losing Addresses?

sarcazmo
06-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Subject pretty much sums it up. Everyday, I keep losing addresses from the Address book. Is there a way to disable this? I already have "Confirm upon delete" set to yes, but I keep losing addresses.

penguin3107
06-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Check your free memory on your device.

Options > Status > File Free = ??

JSanders
06-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Welcome to the BBForums.

The address book has not been a subject of self-deletion in the past. I really doubt they are being deleted.

Go to your address book > press Menu, the key left of the trackball.

Click on FILTERS and make sure all boxes are UNchecked.

Now, in your address book, are the "lost" sheep back in the corral?

akosnitzky
06-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

I understand messages are affected by memory but the address book as well??

penguin3107
06-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

I understand messages are affected by memory but the address book as well??

I have no idea.
I'm just asking a question here.

If your device has zero bytes free... would you rather miss an incoming email, or drop some data from your device that can be synced back at a later time?

I'm sure there's priority given to new inbound messages over all other data. If not, there should be.

sswyden
06-09-2008, 03:59 PM
fyi... not too long ago my memory manager must have kicked in when I was loading a webpage, (endless hourglass spinning). I finally received the out of memory message. No problem, killed the webpage and moved on. When I later went to sync with Outlook, it showed that I had 600 deleted contacts on my handheld... and prompted a confirmation if I wanted to delete them on the desktop (Outlook). I fixed it by cancelling sync, then erased the Contact database on the handheld and resync'd it from Outlook. (phew!).

Bottom line... I keep very few emails, bb messenger, or sms messages. Maybe next in line is Contacts. dunno, but sure scared me when I was syncing. Either that or it was a fluke that flagged half of my contacts for delete.

sarcazmo
06-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Hi JS,

None of the filters are checked. FWIW, I don't have my addresses separated into the different filter categories listed; nonetheless, none of them is checked.

Thanks,

srczm

Welcome to the BBForums.

The address book has not been a subject of self-deletion in the past. I really doubt they are being deleted.

sarcazmo
06-09-2008, 04:15 PM
hi Penguin,

File Free = 10767890 bytes

Thx,

srczm

JSanders
06-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Are you on a corporate BES server or a personal BES?

sarcazmo
06-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Corporate

Are you on a corporate BES server or a personal BES?

daphne
06-09-2008, 05:58 PM
fyi... not too long ago my memory manager must have kicked in when I was loading a webpage, (endless hourglass spinning). I finally received the out of memory message. No problem, killed the webpage and moved on. When I later went to sync with Outlook, it showed that I had 600 deleted contacts on my handheld... and prompted a confirmation if I wanted to delete them on the desktop (Outlook). I fixed it by cancelling sync, then erased the Contact database on the handheld and resync'd it from Outlook. (phew!).

Bottom line... I keep very few emails, bb messenger, or sms messages. Maybe next in line is Contacts. dunno, but sure scared me when I was syncing. Either that or it was a fluke that flagged half of my contacts for delete.

Eww.. I hate it when web pages do that. I usually have to do a battery pull. That was on my 8703e, haven't had it happen on the Curve yet. It's a good idea to clear the browser cache periodically, too.

takeshi
06-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Bottom line... I keep very few emails, bb messenger, or sms messages. Maybe next in line is Contacts.

None of these really take up all that much space. How much do you have in the way of media files and apps? Those typically eat up your device memory much faster.

Dale Bolton
12-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Welcome to the BBForums.

Just got a BB 7290 and want to download outlook 2003 address book. Doesn't seem to want to do that

Any suggestions

Dale

JSanders
12-18-2008, 10:40 AM
Just got a BB 7290 and want to download outlook 2003 address book. Doesn't seem to want to do that

Any suggestions

Dale

1. Welcome to the BBForums.
2. It would be more appropriate to start your own thread, not in the 8830 model section if you have the 7290.
3. More detail, please? What are you doing, what is the error you are getting? etc., etc.