PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Contacts disappear...Blackberry's Fault?

l33tg4m3r
08-09-2005, 07:57 PM
Hello all...I'm pretty much brand new to this forum, but I am in a total rut in helping a client of mine who uses a Blackberry 7250. Her problem is that all of the contacts on her Outlook 2003 continually disappear from her computer, but in no apparent pattern, time or reason.

Has anyone ever heard of a problem like this before? I know there is a possibility it is not the Blackberry, but it seems a little more than coincidence that the problem started happening shortly after her purchase of the device and I cannot overlook the potential.

As far as i could guess, it sounded like she may have had her assistant set up the syncing incorrectly, but I was reassured several times that it is correct...I have yet to see this with my own eyes. But before I go to her, I would like to have a few opinions from more frequent users. Any help would be much appreciated. :smile:

rcrivera03
08-09-2005, 08:02 PM
I did this when I set up my first BB. When you set up the sync, in the Advanced Settings of Configure PIM I had changed the Conflicts so that the Handheld woud win ALL conflicts in the sync. So if I deleted a contact from my BB, it would get deleted from Outlook. I chaged this to Notify Me When Conflicts Occur. And I have not had a problem since.

She may have done the same thing! See if that works.