PDA

View Full Version : how to reduce sync time between outlook and a blackberry.

rweisson
06-12-2008, 10:00 AM
I'm new into the blackberry world, I installed BES last week and started playing with it. The server is working just fine, we have an exchange server and installed BES on a separe server.

I'm trying to find the way to reduce the time BES uses to sync the info between the BB and the exchange mailbox. The idea is that as soon as an email is open in outlook it automatically does it on the BB too. Currently the info on the BB is refreshed after 5 to 10 mins.

If you can help me with your ideas would be great!!

Regards,

RW

djm2
06-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Welcome to the forums.

I believe that some delay is to be expected -- I have never timed it, but my guess is that my delay is 2-5 minutes. However, if you check the forum for BES Administrators and search there, I'll bet that this issue has been discussed.

rweisson
06-12-2008, 12:24 PM
I will re-post this question in the right forum, thanks for the info.

takeshi
06-12-2008, 02:42 PM
That's typical and there's really nothing you can do about it. 5-10 minutes is pretty good.

rweisson
06-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Yes, 5 to 10 mins its good. The problem is my boss wants to get the info on his bb updated almost inmediately.... I need to explore all the posibilities. We also have goodlink working with TREOs 680 and the changes are refreshed online, and he wants the same with his BB