PDA

View Full Version : Syncing Curve with Outlook

jdean
06-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Does anyone know why I am not able to sync my BB with Outlook? I lost everything in my Outlook Calendar. It is still on my device though. I just can't get it to sync.
Thanks so much for your time. I have been trying to figure this out ALL DAY!

JSanders
06-12-2008, 02:13 PM
jdean, first before you do anything else, make sure you have a good backup. Desktop Manager > Backup.

Now, to sync your BB data with Outlook. You don't mention any errors or issues specifcally, and it would certainly be helpful to know what you have done, in order to help you.

Azurelimits
06-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Here is an idea, go into the sync settings and verify that you want the information to go both ways.

jdean
06-13-2008, 09:15 AM
Hi guys-
for my first sync on Wednesday what I did was sync outlook to BB. Yesterday (Thursday) morning I synced both ways. Everything was duplicated on BB. I deleted all duplicated items on BB and synced again. It deleted all my outlook calendar items. I am very much a newbie here with BB. I previously had windows mobile and then palm for a couple years. I know I have a whole new operating system to learn here. Thank you so much for your patience.

JSanders
06-13-2008, 09:24 AM
If your Outlook is completely correctly, I would recommend clearing your BB databases for the Address Book and Calendar, and start fresh with a two way sync, and make sure notify and conflict is enabled in the DM > Sync config.

How to Clear/Delete all your Address/Calendar items at once - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.net/index.php/How_to_Clear/Delete_all_your_Address/Calendar_items_at_once)

jdean
06-13-2008, 10:57 AM
But everything in outlook calendar was deleted. If I delete everything on the BB wouldn't I lose everthing completely?

JSanders
06-13-2008, 11:05 AM
That is why I said IF your Outlook is completely correct.

Do another sync config and disable ALL sync except your calendar, and make it one way from the BB to Outlook. Disable Address Book, Tasks and Memos for now.

After you get all back on outlook, then re-establish your Sync config in Desktop Manager again for two, with reconcile to alert you.

You should never all it to delete information (I don't) unless it alerts me first. Especially an entire calendar database on my Outlook.

jdean
06-13-2008, 02:59 PM
THANK YOU. I think I have all my dates back in outlook now. I ended up having to take the battery out and putting it back in. After I did that the BB synced with outlook. I have it set to alert me on changes, I don't know what I was thinking-I hit accept to fast I guess. So much to learn.........
Thanks again!!