PDA

View Full Version : Setting corporate email help

hchhon
06-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Hi, I have 8320 curve with 9.99 BB email plan with T-Mobile and I want to setup my corporate email like I did with my Gmail. Is it possible?
If it's possible what information do I need from my company IT department?

Thanks!

penguin3107
06-12-2008, 01:56 PM
How do you normally access your corporate email when you're not in the office?
What platform is it? Exchange, Domino, Other?

hchhon
06-12-2008, 02:05 PM
How do you normally access your corporate email when you're not in the office?
What platform is it? Exchange, Domino, Other?

When I am not in the office I use Outlook Web Access (OWA) through Internet Explorer on Microsoft Exchange Server. Is there a better way than this to access your corporate email?

Sith_Apprentice
06-12-2008, 02:08 PM
you should be able to add this the same way you did your gmail. you will not get anything other than email however, no contacts/calendar/notes/tasks/pushed apps but you *should* get your company email

Thatzmister2u
06-12-2008, 02:09 PM
When I am not in the office I use Outlook Web Access (OWA) through Internet Explorer on Microsoft Exchange Server. Is there a better way than this to access your corporate email?

You should be able to set it up on BIS. Just login to the BIS site and add the account. If everything is standard at your company it should be as simple as entering your email address, username and password.

Good Luck!

E-

takeshi
06-12-2008, 02:29 PM
BIS can integrate with Exchange via OWA but it depends a bit on how your company has it set up. You'll need the following pieces of information. Once you have them, let us know and someone can walk you through adding the account.

OWA URL (the URL you use to access OWA)
User Name
Password
Email Address
Mailbox Name

hchhon
06-12-2008, 03:34 PM
BIS can integrate with Exchange via OWA but it depends a bit on how your company has it set up. You'll need the following pieces of information. Once you have them, let us know and someone can walk you through adding the account.

User Name
Password
Email Address
Mailbox Name

First of all I don't have BIS only BB email plan and no internet service.
I have all these information:

User Name
Password
Email Address
Mailbox Name

As of right now I have BB email plan but I will drop the BB email plan when I will get my rebate. Will my gmail and corporate email work without BB email plan?

hchhon
06-12-2008, 04:23 PM
OK, my BB Curve said that I have successfully setup my corporate email but I don’t see my corporate email icon. There is my gmal icon there but where is my corporate email icon located?

Thatzmister2u
06-12-2008, 04:37 PM
OK, my BB Curve said that I have successfully setup my corporate email but I don’t see my corporate email icon. There is my gmal icon there but where is my corporate email icon located?

Your corporate mail will go into the Main Message folder. Actually all mail goes to the Main Message folder (the icons just provide a filtered view into the master Message Folder.

E-

hchhon
06-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Your corporate mail will go into the Main Message folder. Actually all mail goes to the Main Message folder (the icons just provide a filtered view into the master Message Folder.

E-

Hey, thanks! I got it and it's working now!
I have a question. If i drop the BB email plan am I still getting my corporate email
and gmail?

djm2
06-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Hey, thanks! I got it and it's working now!
I have a question. If i drop the BB email plan am I still getting my corporate email
and gmail?

Almost certainly not.

takeshi
06-13-2008, 09:49 AM
First of all I don't have BIS only BB email plan and no internet service.

Actually, I have no clue how the email only plans work. Seems like it would be a subset of BIS though.

Your corporate mail will go into the Main Message folder.
Seems like there should be a dedicated icon for it as well since it's not integrated via BES. However, as I said, I have no experience with email only plans.

hchhon
06-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Now my gmail icon is gone and it was replaced by corporate email icon instead.
Is there a way to have multiple email icons?

Thanks

djm2
06-13-2008, 01:15 PM
From main screen try Options->Show All

hchhon
06-13-2008, 01:44 PM
From main screen try Options->Show All

Hey, thanks! The more I play around with the BB Curve the more I like it.
I can't wait for the BB BOLD to come out on T-Mobile.