PDA

View Full Version : Media card not visible

CSO
06-12-2008, 04:22 PM
I have a 4gig card installed, and mass storage mode is on. When I connect to my PC (I'm not using desktop mngr) all I see is a blackberry icon on the E drive. When I open it, there's a number of media folders (Pictures, Videos, Ringtones, music) but they don't include the media card. So how do I save media to the card from the PC under these circs? What am I doing wrong? In my prior phone the media card would be visible and I could drag/drop to it.

[sorry, I’ve been reprimanded in the past for double posting, but it appears there’s more people viewing here than in the “medial” forum and I don’t know how, if it’s possible, to move a thread]

thanks

JSanders
06-12-2008, 04:30 PM
What you see as connected as e: drive on your PC--that is your Media Card.

Do you have Mass Storage enabled on your Media Card: Options > Media Card.

This is ok to post here.

CSO
06-12-2008, 04:36 PM
[QUOTE=JSanders;968746]What you see as connected as e: drive on your PC--that is your Media Card.

QUOTE]

yes I have Mass Storage enabled. What confuses me is when I go into options, media card, it gives me the total space available which is the same amount as the listed free space: how can that be if I've transferred music to the card?

CSO
06-12-2008, 04:38 PM
[QUOTE=JSanders;968746]What you see as connected as e: drive on your PC--that is your Media Card.

QUOTE]

yes I have Mass Storage enabled. What confuses me is when I go into options, media card, it gives me the total space available which is the same amount as the listed free space: how can that be if I've transferred music to the card?

Sorry for wasting your time, I think I just answered my question (confirmed your response). I opened the media browser, and looked the properties of my songs which disclosed they're saved on the media card.

JSanders
06-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Yea, it will look like barely or none used until you get 100-200 MB loaded on there. I know I had about 90 mp3s on mine, and it wasn't a drop in the bucket.

JSanders
06-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Not a waste, made you look! lol (y)