PDA

View Full Version : Initial Battery Charge? (Brand New 7100G)

adman
08-11-2005, 01:15 AM
I have just recieved my BB 7100G and wanted to know what is the reccomended initial battery charge?

I have different advice from my service provider but they have been wrong in the past with such issues?

And is it adviseable to charge the BB every night (always have a s full battery life as possible?

I appreciate you help if it can be provided -

BTW - Love this forum - just registered!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

joginder
08-11-2005, 01:43 AM
Yes, actually i talked to many people about this and everyone recommends the same thing .. top off your battery every night. i think it works fine. in case of my Nokia I was told other way which means drain your battery completely before I recharge it .. well I take the majority's opinion.

adman
08-11-2005, 02:53 AM
thanks for your feedback - but my question still is 'how long do I need to initialy charge my 7100g after I have taken it out of the box?

i.e. number of hours?

joginder
09-18-2005, 01:09 AM
Hey, I wonder if there is a way to do something about this issue. I receive faxes on my BB and when the phone rings, there is no way way to tell if the call is coming from a fax line or from the home phone number. I have the number saved in my Address Book. It will be nice if the called ID shows the caller Name and it phone type: Mobile, Home, Fax etc so that I don't have to pick up the fax call.
Any help is highly appreciated
:bb:

Azeke
09-18-2005, 08:06 PM
thanks for your feedback - but my question still is 'how long do I need to initialy charge my 7100g after I have taken it out of the box?

i.e. number of hours?

I would charge it 4-6 hrs. initially, that's usually what I recommend.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

gabigdawg
09-19-2005, 07:09 AM
What I have been told is to run down the charge that is on the battery when you receive it in the box. Then to do a full 12 hour charge on it. I did not do this on my initial 7100G and had to return it becasuse they would not just swap out the battery. I did follow on my second one and have had no issues.