PDA

View Full Version : syncing between Outlook and BB

samsmom
06-15-2008, 11:09 AM
I am a new BB user. I had an old Palm Pilot; I transferred all the info to Outloook (ver 2007), but I can't get it to sync with my BB 8330. HELP!

zerog46
06-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Wirelessly posted (BB 8330)

Have you set up Desk Top Manager on your PC.

MBW
06-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Assuming you're not on a BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server), when you install the Desktop Manager, you still want to tell it BES instead of BIS on one of those first screens, then a little later, tell it to use the Redirector. That covers getting your incoming mail forwarded to the BlackBerry.

Use the Desktop Manager to configure synch - choose your default Outlook profile, set up your filters, etc.

Try the set-up using the Synchronize Now button; assuming that works, you can check the box underneath to automatically synch whenever your BB connects to the PC.

On my own system, I set up a "Sync me" category within my contacts and I use the filter so that those are the only contacts that get synced. I get prompted when the BB handset has a directory entry not in my Outlook contacts because I will only very occasionally use the BB as a source for sync. My Calendar and Notes entries have Outlook always win - but that's an outcome of my own internal methods and disciplines.

There's a ton of flexibility there - more than I've ever seen on any handset or third-party sync software I've ever tested.

samsmom
06-15-2008, 11:51 AM
I have done all that. I am getting my emails through Gmail, but can't sync the calendar, contacts, tasks, etc. I've configured in desktop manager and the folders seem to be right, but it doesn't work. Any other ideas?

MBW
06-15-2008, 12:38 PM
Are you sure you're using Outlook, not Outlook Express?

samsmom
06-15-2008, 12:46 PM
yep, it's Outlook 2007

MBW
06-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Did you install from the CD or from a download?

When you plug your handset into USB does the system recognize it?

NJBlackBerry
06-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Connect the BlackBerry
Start Desktop Manager
Go into Intellisync
Make sure that the contacts, notes, tasks and calendar are configured properly (to Outlook)

Find the Synchronize Now button (or whatever it reads) and press it.

What happens?

daphne
06-15-2008, 01:06 PM
What version of Desktop Manager are you using? I'd suggest getting the latest version from Verizon's website.

samsmom
06-15-2008, 03:03 PM
When I go into Desktop Manager, then Options, then data folder settings, it says its on the default folder, which is: C:\Users\Willa\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\ Is this where should be telling it to go to Outlook?

takeshi
06-16-2008, 09:23 AM
Assuming you're not on a BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server), when you install the Desktop Manager, you still want to tell it BES instead of BIS on one of those first screens, then a little later, tell it to use the Redirector.
Do not use Redirector. It's not needed for sync for one thing.

When I go into Desktop Manager, then Options, then data folder settings, it says its on the default folder, which is: C:\Users\Willa\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\ Is this where should be telling it to go to Outlook?
It doesn't really help. You really need to go under the Sync icon in Desktop Manager and look at the settings there.