PDA

View Full Version : Text Group Messaging - for Blackberry issues/chat

avelasqu
06-17-2008, 03:31 PM
I am a user of UPOC.com, a free text messaging service. I am sure some of you already use it. I use it for a bunch of resources, group friends, baseball coach groups, family groups, sports etc.

Would you guys be interested in joining if i Created a Blackberry Group? I can make it to so that all replies go to the group and to whomever joins it.

We can use it to help people with Blackberry questions that dont have a Data Plan, but have unlimited SMS. And in reverse to that, you can setup your account to have notifications sent via SMS or Email.

If there is enough interest I will create a private Blackberry Group (not viewable by search on Upoc.com). And I will post the Group name here.

avelasqu
06-17-2008, 04:12 PM
There is a few Blackberry Groups already existing on Upoc.com, however as seen on their message history list, everyone there is just looking to hook up with the opposite sex. If I made a group, it would be for Blackberry characterization, issues, triage, support, maintenance, applications, etc...

oakie
06-17-2008, 04:29 PM
i'll pass. last thing i want is to be bothered by blackberry with questions that can be answered with the FAQ and user manual.

hence why i dont post my PIN.

i'm sure others may be interested though.