PDA

View Full Version : What kind of case should I get? (Pearl)

gwc1023
06-17-2008, 03:45 PM
I just got a new Pearl and would like to get some kind of case for it - we're on a 3yr contract so we could afford to buy the phone, lol, so I need it to last!

I'll probably mostly have the phone in my purse, which is fairly clean compared to some purses I've seen, but still it might come in contact with keys, maybe a stray pen with no lid, a couple of crumbs.

I'm thinking I want it to be as covered as possible - are there cases that cover the whole thing and you can still type or is it just to hard to type through any kind of plastic covering? Should I get one that covers the back and the sides and put one of those thin plastic LCD protector sheets over the screen?

Is it okay to buy a case off of e*bay or do I need to stick with an actual Blackberry brand one?

Thanks!

michaelcannella
06-17-2008, 03:55 PM
u can get the leather case or you can get a skin...i have a curve and a pearl and I use the skins on both. If you are not going to use your phone get the magnetic case, they usually run about $30 and the skins are $15 usually.

michaelcannella
06-17-2008, 03:59 PM
correction if you are not going to use the phone as much get the leather and ebay cases are fine. Blackberry cases actually made by blackberry come with warranties so be careful with ebay.

strike2tamu
06-17-2008, 04:02 PM
Wirelessly posted (8100 Strike 2)

Yea the leather ones are probably your best bet.

customshopkv1
06-17-2008, 04:04 PM
I would read this before getting a pearl.
http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8100-series-discussion-pearl/135014-burgundy-pearl-too-girly-guy.html

TheBigNewt
06-17-2008, 10:29 PM
For the purse I'd get a RIM leather pocket. Has a magnet. Covers everything but the top so it's easy to pull the phone out. You don't need a screen protector. The black ones you can get on ebay or elsewhere for under $10 I think. The newer brown ones are on the official BB site for about $25. My wife and I use them and they're great.

hnsimpson
06-17-2008, 10:35 PM
I have a Fortte for my Pearl.

Its been great.

-simpson