PDA

View Full Version : Shortcuts?

newuserofblackberry
08-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Does anyone know how to jump to the top of the list of emails (on the older models, you hit the 'T', but that doesn't work in this model -- 7100r --...)

Please say there is a way :razz:

Magnum
08-11-2005, 02:54 PM
try 1.....for top

try 7....for bottom

kkluesner
08-12-2005, 08:36 AM
I had a 7290 for about a year and a half.. loved it.. we recently upgraded to the 7100g and I dont really like this model. I loved the old Keyboard..and the features of the 7290...Maybe it's just lack of knowledge on this model... BUT....
I know we upgraded to BB software 4.0 at the same time.. so I dont know who to blame...actually... software or Hardware...

1. Can you no longer do an Alt- i, alt s, alt p anymore ? none of these seem to work...

2. On the 7290 we could to a soft reset... 1/2 moon, shift Del rebooted the BB. I don't see that happening on this keyboard..

Can anyone help me with these issues? Please I want to like the 7100g....

NJBlackBerry
08-12-2005, 08:42 AM
1. Sure you can. ALT - letters do work. At least on mine.

2. Nope. Only way to reset a 7100 is to pop the battery.

I can't help you like the 7100. I switched back to a 7290..

kkluesner
08-12-2005, 08:45 AM
1. Sure you can. ALT - letters do work. At least on mine.

2. Nope. Only way to reset a 7100 is to pop the battery.

I can't help you like the 7100. I switched back to a 7290..

You gave back the 7100 for the 7290? LOL I have been thinking that myself!! :oops:

when your doing the ALT-i etc... which device are you using??

Cause I cant get it to work on my 7100g.. :x btw--I am running HH version 4.0.0.219

NJBlackBerry
08-12-2005, 08:47 AM
I just loaned by 7100 to someone so I can't check, but they all worked for me except ALT-O...
I have a T-Mobile 7290 now. I really wanted to love the 7100, but if you are a die hard BB junkie it is hard to switch. My wife LOVES the 7100, but I couldn't get used to it.

loren
08-12-2005, 08:49 AM
On the topic of shortcuts, I recently installed both Blackberry Messenger and Ramble, and they both have the shortcut letter "e" underlined. Using the shortcut runs Blackberry Messenger.

Does anyone know if there is a way for me to change the shortcut letters?

(This is on a 7520)

kkluesner
08-12-2005, 08:51 AM
hmm Ok.. welll crap....
maybe someone else will read and set me straight... I just can't like it at this point LOL (n)
I miss :alt: and :bb: and :shift: and :sym: including many more things...

( I just wanted to use those icons.. they are soo cute) hehehe

thanks for your help so far!!

kkluesner
08-12-2005, 10:45 AM
surely there is someone out there that can tell me about the ALT-i etc. on the 7100g. 8-)

Magnum
08-12-2005, 11:15 AM
surely there is someone out there that can tell me about the ALT-i etc. on the 7100g. 8-)

I don't know alt-i this and that on previous models but I do know you can make up your own on the 7100g.

You can do a search and save them as shortcuts, or you can take the existing ones and modify. If you are talking about non-main menu shortcuts.

Click messages, then push trackwheel and go to search, then push trackwheel again and go to re-call. This will bring up all searches and the corresponding shortcuts.

From any screen view, hold alt and then ecsape button to bring up and choose other screens [applications].

Maybe this will help..........

kkluesner
08-12-2005, 11:24 AM
Hey thanks for replying Magnum...

However.. when I do a Messages/search I do get a screen (search) But in that list I do not see the word "shortcut" ... do you?

I just see
Name:
In
Subject:
Show:
Type:

I did see this in another post.. but was missing the Shortcut: listing...

what I am needing is to be able to do(in messages) an Alt-i (to show incoming mail) Alt-P to show phone logs Alt-S to show only sent items....does this make sense?
... We used to be able to do this on the 7290 and the 7280. Maybe we were just spoiled.

Magnum
08-12-2005, 12:38 PM
Hey thanks for replying Magnum...

However.. when I do a Messages/search I do get a screen (search) But in that list I do not see the word "shortcut" ... do you?

I just see
Name:
In
Subject:
Show:
Type:

I did see this in another post.. but was missing the Shortcut: listing...

what I am needing is to be able to do(in messages) an Alt-i (to show incoming mail) Alt-P to show phone logs Alt-S to show only sent items....does this make sense?
... We used to be able to do this on the 7290 and the 7280. Maybe we were just spoiled.

Yep, and mine are as follows, all made up on my own.

Phone:
Alt - ! = Incoming calls only
Alt - 1 = Missed call only
Alt - 2 = Dialed call only
Alt - 3 = ALL Incoming call
Alt - . = Voicemail Log

E-Mail:
Alt - ZX = E-mail inbox
Alt - CV = E-mail Sent
Alt - BN = E-mail saved
Alt - M = E-mail drafts
Alt - , = Compose new e-mail from address book

SMS [which I don't get any]
Alt - ? = SMS messages

After you make up your individual searchs, just click save - then title it, shortcut key it and do a final save. You should be good to go with your own made up, easy to remember shortcuts!!

The only caveat is, that you may want to use some letter/number combinations that are currently in use [factory shortcuts] and if this is the case follow the recall instructions above and delete it or modify it.

Good luck.............

T-Roy
08-12-2005, 11:03 PM
Ehrm.. Double tap should work... to press Alt+i you need to press Alt+ii, if you dont press 'i' twice your pressing alt+u and I dont think that does anything...

...works in the simulator anyway...

alt cap del works in the sim too by the way (ALT+#+DEL)

Rodolfo
08-13-2005, 03:14 PM
SMS [which I don't get any]
Alt - ? = SMS messages

I have a 7100t.
You've got them all Magnum. Alt-s lists all SMS messages only.

Rodolfo
08-13-2005, 03:38 PM
I have a 7110t (my first BB) and I'm running v4.0.0.198. The alt-i,s,p shortcuts do work on the 7100t. Also, alt-m gets you MMS only, and alt-v gives you voicemail messages only. Good luck.