PDA

View Full Version : Calendar on screen alert?

ahovis
08-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Is it possible to have a window pop up when an appointment alert is triggered from the calendar? I have so many different things going on that the vibrate/sound alert is sometimes confusing. It would be nice for a notification box to appear with the name and location of the appointment. Anything make this happen?

avery.bunker
08-11-2005, 05:26 PM
Is it possible to have a window pop up when an appointment alert is triggered from the calendar? I have so many different things going on that the vibrate/sound alert is sometimes confusing. It would be nice for a notification box to appear with the name and location of the appointment. Anything make this happen?
There should be a reminder that pops up on the screen when the Default Reminder Time is set. You can find this under the Calendar and then go to options.

ChrisLuce
08-11-2005, 11:12 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7290/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Link/5.1.2.9)

I get a pop-up window each time a reminder fires on my BB. There are times when a reminder has popped and you go to grab the BB and if you are not careful you can dismiss the reminder and yiu have to go back in and view it. I hate when that happens. That's the only problem I have with the pop-up.

Dawg
08-12-2005, 05:02 AM
I get a reminder screen as well

riderj
08-12-2005, 11:06 PM
<< and if you are not careful you can dismiss the reminder and yiu have to go back in and view it. >>

how do you know what was on the screen and where to look for it?

ahovis
08-15-2005, 07:08 AM
Thanks for the replys. This turned out to be a very strange problem due to my use of Outlook to view my Lotus Notes mail via the "Outlook Connector". This passes info to Lotus Notes but allows me to use Outlook as my mail program which I prefer. However, there seems to be a bug in the connector which while appearing to pass along the selection of "Notify" to Lotus Notes it in some way is not the same. If I open the appointment in Lotus and then save it (or create the appointment directly in Notes) it will appear on my Blackberry as containing a reminder. If I do not, no reminder will be passed on to my Blackberry even though that option appears to be selected in the Notes calendar if it was created in Outlook. Very strange but at least understood now.