PDA

View Full Version : Help with Switch Device option in DM

cgarrabr
06-18-2008, 10:21 AM
DM Ver. 4.2.1.8

I have 20 Curves I need to deploy.

Last week I had about 20 8820's to deploy. I had the great idea of setting up one with all the settings, options, 3rd party apps., etc. that I wanted on all the rest of the 8820's that needed deployed. Used the Switch device option in DM and basically restored (or "imaged") the remaining 8820s off that first 8820 that I configured. Worked great.

Now I have to do the same thing with the Curves. Using the same method as above, I configured my first Curve, then trying to use the Switch Device in DM to restore to the remaining Curves. I'm am on my 3rd Curve restore and so far no Curve has been completely restored. it is not restoring all the options, and none of the 3rd party apps. It seems to restore some options and settings, but not all, and NO 3rd party apps.
Yes I do have the box checked marked to backup 3rd party apps.

Any ideas, suggestions?

avelasqu
06-18-2008, 12:30 PM
What are some of the options that arent being restored?

cgarrabr
06-18-2008, 01:30 PM
What are some of the options that arent being restored?

I've noticed things like the firewall isn't being enabled, even though it is on my "master" Curve, let's see....TCP - wap.voicestream.com setting for TMO....Those are the two that I can think of off the top my head. That wouldn't be so bad, but the 3rd party apps is wants taking so long to do on all the devices. BBWeather, Viigo, and Google Maps. Again, not so bad to do on 2 or 3 devices, but 20....

I had no problems with any of this when doing the same thing on the 8820 batch.

Thanks.

avelasqu
06-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Its gotta be something in the database replication. I assumed to tried restoring from a master Curve "image" ?

cgarrabr
06-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Its gotta be something in the database replication. I assumed to tried restoring from a master Curve "image" ?

Yes.
If this helps...you can see that doing the backup of the master curve, it's copying the cod files for 3rd party programs...