PDA

View Full Version : Google maps streaming

tracker
06-18-2008, 04:08 PM
greetings,

anyone know if you can track user locations using google maps my location function from the BES?

I have seen bizTrack and a few others, but would specifically like to use google earth (kml) to overlay the location of technicians around the state.
Anyone play with this or see a write up anywhere?

I would like to see a tool that updates the location to an sql db. I could query and create the kml file formthe db.

TIA

jsincere
06-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Wirelessly posted

There is a website that kinda intergrates google maps with the gps location of a phone with gps. Its pretty good I'm using it right now and it works as intended. The only downside I've noticed is your battery drains a little faster than normal. Any check it out they explain all the features in there site. Its www.instamapper.com
Hope this helps

mahoward
06-19-2008, 12:44 PM
If your BB has GPS you can set an IT Policy to track and then the data is stored in the central SQL db, ready for the picking.

If you want to use the Google specific My Location (non GPS) feature your going to need to hack/roll your own methinks.

tracker
06-19-2008, 10:32 PM
If your BB has GPS you can set an IT Policy to track and then the data is stored in the central SQL db, ready for the picking.

If you want to use the Google specific My Location (non GPS) feature your going to need to hack/roll your own methinks.

Really? Can you provide a little more details or a point in the right direction?

Have you done this?

TIA

mahoward
06-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Here is a start:

BlackBerry Enterprise Server on Domino Discussion: GPS Reporting to BES Server in 4.1 SP3 IT Policy (http://besdomino.blogspot.com/2007/05/gps-reporting-to-bes-server-in-41-sp3.html)