PDA

View Full Version : 8830 and sim card?

Rynet
06-18-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm attempting to sell my Blackberry 8830 and even when I take the sim card out and put another carriers sim card in.. It still uses the phone number and information from my old sim card.. Any way to make it not do that?

JSanders
06-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Options > Security > General Options > Menu > Wipe Handheld, will clear the old device of all your personal settings, contacts, calendar, etc.

markhutchison
06-18-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm attempting to sell my Blackberry 8830 and even when I take the sim card out and put another carriers sim card in.. It still uses the phone number and information from my old sim card.. Any way to make it not do that?

The 8830 will not connect in GSM mode within North America. In North America the device uses CDMA mode in which the phone number information is programmed directly into the device and not pulled from the SIM card.

To change the phone number you must obtain the programming sequence and Master Service Lock code from your carrier.

wunderbar
06-19-2008, 12:34 PM
An easier way than trying to wrestle the information out of your carrier, as they likely wont' give it to you, is to just get your new phone activated. I'm assuming you are selling your 8830 to move to a different phone, as soon as your new phone is activated your 8830 will become useless, and that info will be wiped.

penguin3107
06-19-2008, 12:40 PM
as soon as your new phone is activated your 8830 will become useless, and that info will be wiped.

Not exactly.
Activating a new phone will not change the programming of the old phone.
The user's phone number will still be listed on the phone screen, which is what they're trying to avoid.