PDA

View Full Version : Moving BB from BES to BIS

erincook
06-18-2008, 09:42 PM
I recently left my job, but got to keep my BB. Now I need to reconfigure it from the BES (they already deleted me as a user) to BIS. How to?

In the meantime - I'm getting an error message when I try to browse that says:

A communication failure occurred with the selected Mobile Data Service. The server may be busy, please try again later. If the problem persists, contact your administrator.

Help?
Thanks in advance.

ezrunner
06-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Wirelessly posted (positive thoughts!!!)

You will likely need to remove the security policy that is on the device
Options>security>general settings
Scroll to bottom what does it say?

Also since you are no longer attached to BES you will need a BIS BB data plan

erincook
06-19-2008, 09:16 AM
It says Desktop [599638837] (AES)
Desktop [my new email address here]

i2sam77@yahoo.com
06-19-2008, 09:45 AM
It sounds like you will need to get a new data plan.

cctraderx
06-19-2008, 10:29 AM
Contact your carrier and make sure you are on BIS. They should walk you through setting up and resending service books if you continue to have troubles.

takeshi
06-19-2008, 01:58 PM
Basically you'll need to delete your BES service books. You're getting the MDS error because you're not on BES (MDS is BES only). As a workaround for browsing you can use Browser/Internet Browser instead of the Blackberry Browser. The latter is the BES/MDS browser.

Also, log into your carrier's BIS site and resend the service books. You probably already have them but it won't hurt after you've deleted the BES service books to make sure.

It sounds like you will need to get a new data plan.
BIS will work just fine on a BES data plan. It's just a waste of money to pay for a BES data plan if you're not attached to a BES.