PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Handhelds OS and BES Server Requirements.

PSCuser
06-20-2008, 04:25 PM
HI there

I am in the proces of upgrading our Blackberry 8700c's to OS version 4.2.1.96, desktop software version 4.2. Our BES server is at 4.0.3.10. I would like to get it up to the latest and greatest, which I believe is 4.2.5, please correct me if I am wrong. I would be happy to get it up to the version prior to the one that just came out so I can get things ready for the the newest implementation of the BES software. What would be the best way to do so?

Do you suggest incrementing one service pack at a time or taking the full jump? I have heard that hardware requirements are needed for the latest? What are those?

DO I need to upgrade handhelds at some point? I just dont want to lose the communication between the two if I jump one system higher before upgrading the other.

John Clark
06-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Moved to BES Admin Corner.

Latest BES version is 4.1.6.

x14
06-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Go directly to the SP you want. Contact RIM to get the installer with whichever SP you like and use that to do your upgrade from 4.0.x.

You do not need to update the handheld OS at the same time

hdawg
06-21-2008, 06:40 AM
I believe Mr. Clark has gotten a little eager / hopeful with his BES releases ... 4.1 SP5 is the most current GA release of BES.

There is no BES 4.2.5; there will be no BES 4.2.5.