PDA

View Full Version : Problem with "Device not found"...

enj
06-20-2008, 09:56 PM
I've tried everything I know...
Running Win XP Pro on three different machines...I have an 8830...
Desktop Manager works on two machines (both of which I am retiring) so I have to get it working on the third machine...
I have DMgr installed without Roxio...on all three machines...
Everything works perfectly well on two machines...here is what's happening with the third...
When I connect through the USB or Bluetooth...the machine recognizes the presence of the 8830...(I can see it with Control Panel/System/Hardware)...
However, DMgr / Connection Settings / Detect reports "Device not found"...
I've already uninstalled, cleaned the Registry and reinstalled multiple times and still can't make any progress...
As a test, I installed on another machine (no prior DMgr) install and it connected up straight away... so the problem must be somewhere else... Again, I am able to see the 8830 with the machine and even see into the directory for multimedia... but not through DMgr...
Any suggestions are welcome... I don't know what to even try at this point...
Thanks in advance...
Ed

John Clark
06-20-2008, 10:01 PM
Does the device show up if you hit the drop down arrow and select PIN? Is the PIN listed?

enj
06-21-2008, 09:09 AM
On the machine that's not working, the PIN is not listed...displays only (Device Connected (PIN): none)...
On the machine that I installed for a test, when 8830 connected the PIN was displayed right away...
On the machine that I normally use (and am retiring) the PIN is displayed as well as (Active Service (PIN)) which are both the same...
I'm not sure which drop down arrow you are referring to...
It's strange... The system/8830 hardware are recognized via Control Panel... The install program for DMgr obviously works on two other machines... somehow on this one machine there is a disconnect of some sort...
Thanks in advance...
Ed

NickfromIL
06-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Try reinstalling Desktop Mgr, maybe download a fresh copy of it.

enj
06-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Downloading a new file was the first thing I tried... however, I have just completed that action once more and installed without Roxio and still have them same problem occuring...
Prior to the reinstallation, I copied the three (Research In Motion) directory/file contents from one of the computers that is working and replaced them on the machine that's not working... no change... problem still exists...
Please any other ideas...?
Thanks
Ed