PDA

View Full Version : Device password setup help pls..

nivas
06-21-2008, 08:20 AM
Hi All,

I setup device password using options->security options->general settings->password enable to true
I thought it will ask for password whenever I switch off the device and switch it on back. I tried to switch off and then switch on the device, it asked me password which is fine for me.

The problem I have is asking for password everytime the keypad is locked. Whenever I have to unlock my keypad, I have to enter password. I don't want to enter password evertime keypad is locked.

I want the password to be asked only whenever I switch off and switch on the blackberry. Is there any setting to do this ??

Thanks

NickfromIL
06-21-2008, 08:44 AM
You can put the BB to standby mode instead of locking the keyboard, and set the timeout to an hour, so as long as you wake it up and do something once an hour it wont lock.

juwaack68
06-21-2008, 09:23 AM
You can't have it lock ONLY when the device is turned off and back on. As Nick stated, you can extend the timeout before it locks (that the time of inactivity before you have to enter the password and unlock the device). One hour is the max.