PDA

View Full Version : Interesting BT / VZW 8130 anomaly

BobbyG 38
06-21-2008, 08:54 PM
I thought this might help others...

I have had my VZW 8130 Pearl for about 6 weeks. It has the 4.3.0.060 OS on it. I immediately paired it with my 2006 Acura TSX Hands Free BT built-in function and have had no issues making or receiving calls whether the Pearl was in or out of the holster. I'm going on a business trip next week so I thought I would pair my Moto H500 headset that I used to use with my Razr. Pairing went fine. Turns out I can receive calls when holstered but not make calls...though I can make calls when out of the holster but the Pearl's key pad is locked. Searched here on BBF and found out that it is a known issue with the .060 OS. Just curious why it would work fine with the Acura's internal BT system and not with the H500? In any event, I've downloaded the .097 OS upgrade but will wait until I have time to implement -- don't want to screw anything up right before leaving on a trip.

John Clark
06-21-2008, 10:49 PM
The reason is most likely that the Handsfree link in your Acura uses the Handsfree profile and the H500 uses the headset profile. Two different profiles for each. I would go with the latest OS version available for the 8130. Look at the top of the 8100 forum for the latest 8130 OS (it may not be from Verizon, but it doesn't matter.)