PDA

View Full Version : Calendar - - GONE! Help!!!

ghcotton
06-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Help! My BB Curve was fine earlier today and then all of my calendar appointments were gone! Everything else seems to be fine (fingers crossed). Please tell me that someone knows the trick on how I can get these calendar items back

I did not do a sync in a while and had some important information on there - and only there.

Please help if you can; I'd appreciate it!

rambo47
06-21-2008, 10:16 PM
First thing to do is try a battery pull while it's running. This cures a surprising number of woes. Hopefully you didn't play with the settings for how long you keep appointments or anything like that. None of that "delete prior" stuff, right?

JSanders
06-21-2008, 10:24 PM
^^ ditto, with the device powered on, pull the battery, hold 30 seconds and replace it.

And welcome to the BBForums.

John Clark
06-21-2008, 10:28 PM
If you run low on memory, the device will delete calendar entries. Normally, it's call logs, texts, and emails but it can do calendar entries too.

strike2tamu
06-21-2008, 10:46 PM
Wirelessly posted (8100 Strike 2)

Good luck and welcome.

ghcotton
06-21-2008, 10:57 PM
I did the battery pull and still have nothing in my calendar. I was never prompted about about deleting anything. I don't keep emails on here, just my texts. My call log and texts are still there. I also checked my memory and that is over 14 million right now. Any other advice? I appreciate your trying to help me here.

When I called brainiacs at AT&T they told me that some BBs are defective and may do this. That is not helping me right now.

John Clark
06-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Did you do *anything* to the device that could help us solve this riddle? Things don't just delete unless you're low on memory. 14 million is 14MB so that should be ok (low but ok.)

ghcotton
06-21-2008, 11:14 PM
I did nothing. I viewed my calendar and then put my phone away for several hours. The next time I looked I noticed that all my calendar info had vanished.

What are the CICAL and CMIME files? Do they have anything to do with the calendar? They are on my husband's BB, but not mine.

I have 16MB now (I just deleted all my texts). Is that a better range? I take it there is no warning that your memory is getting low?

John Clark
06-21-2008, 11:16 PM
CICAL is calendar and CMIME is messaging (email.)

You should have them for each BIS account you have setup.

ghcotton
06-21-2008, 11:20 PM
rookie question alert: What is BIS?

So I lost my CICAL?

Will resending the service books from AT&T help?

John Clark
06-21-2008, 11:21 PM
It should get back those service books. Not sure it'll get back your calendar.

ghcotton
06-21-2008, 11:55 PM
ok. I did a sync. Now the homescreen calendar is displaying things double and showing an appointment from March.

I think I give up. I will be at AT&T tomorrow. If you hear any screaming from NJ that is probably just me.

I really appreciate your trying to help me.

John Clark
06-22-2008, 12:45 AM
At this point I would wipe the calendar database on the BB. Use the method here:

How to Clear/Delete all your Address/Calendar items at once - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_to_Clear/Delete_all_your_Address/Calendar_items_at_once)

Then go back to Desktop Manager and resync. You'll want to do a "refresh," though. In the configuration for sync there should be an option to refresh the data from outlook (or whatever you're using) to the BB device. That should copy your Outlook onto your BB.