PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Question

STraylor
06-24-2008, 08:51 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows how to make the Blackberry 8830 ring through the car speakers of a Lexus 430 when the phone is in the car in bluetooth mode. Currently, when the phone rings it only rings through the phone speakers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

oakie
06-24-2008, 08:56 AM
afaik, no can do. the most is you'll get a tone from the speakers while the phone is ringing, a la when you receive a call on a bluetooth headset.

STraylor
06-24-2008, 09:01 AM
I guess I didn't explain it clearly. I don't wear a bluetooth headset. The BB connects to the bluetooth capability in the car. So when I answer the phone I am talking through the speakers in the car. I just want it to ring through the speakers.

oakie
06-24-2008, 09:07 AM
I guess I didn't explain it clearly. I don't wear a bluetooth headset. The BB connects to the bluetooth capability in the car. So when I answer the phone I am talking through the speakers in the car. I just want it to ring through the speakers.

i understood exactly what you said, and i compared the bt function in your car with that of a bt headset because they both use the same bluetooth handsfree profile and functions.

like how a bt headset only plays a tone and not your phone ringer when the phone rings, the car's system will do the exact same thing at most.

STraylor
06-24-2008, 09:15 AM
I apologize!!! You obviously know a lot more at BB's than I do. I'm a beginner! Thanks so much for all your help...even thought it's not what I wanted to hear...LOL