PDA

View Full Version : What is CMIME and CICAL

CSO
06-24-2008, 12:13 PM
What does CMIME and CICAL stand for, and what should be the settings with them under default services?

penguin3107
06-24-2008, 12:17 PM
CMIME is the service book type for your email accounts.
CICAL is the service book type for your calendars.

Under default services, you'd select whichever account you wanted to be the default account for Messaging and Calendar... if you have multiple accounts linked to your device.

fonejunkie
06-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Under default services, I only have CMIME - no CICAL. What am I missing? BTW, I can change the email address associated with the CMIME, but why would I do that and what would it accomplish?

Thanks in advance for the answers! (It seems like the more I learn and the more I know, the more I realize I still need to know/learn.)

ricpac
06-24-2008, 12:33 PM
You only have CMIME b/c you most likely still have HH OS 4.2. If you set the CMIME email address to, say Yahoo!, then that means all new emails you compose will be sent from your Yahoo account... unless of course if you set it to something else...

fonejunkie
06-24-2008, 12:36 PM
You only have CMIME b/c you most likely still have HH OS 4.2. If you set the CMIME email address to, say Yahoo!, then that means all new emails you compose will be sent from your Yahoo account... unless of course if you set it to something else...

Yep, HH OS is still 4.2.x.

Thanks for the information!

ricpac
06-24-2008, 12:40 PM
(y)

Good luck!

CSO
06-24-2008, 01:11 PM
(It seems like the more I learn and the more I know, the more I realize I still need to know/learn.)[/QUOTE]

Aint that the truth!