PDA

View Full Version : http://mobile.SparkPeople.com

davidlleroy
06-26-2008, 12:55 PM
For all of you Spark People users out there we have good new today. Spark People has released the mobile version of their website. SparkPeople Mobile (http://mobile.SparkPeople.com). This is awesome to be able to log on your phone. This will be such a time saver. Check it out!

From SparkPeople.com:
Use SparkPeople on Your Mobile Phone!
We’ve created special versions of some of our key features for you to use on your internet-connected mobile phone.

Now you can track your progress and stick with your goals, even when you can’t get to your computer! What you can do on your phone:
Track Your Food – You can log in to your account, search for foods, and add them to your daily tracker.

Track Your Cardio – Log in, search for cardio activities, and track your calories burned on your daily tracker.
Food Lookup – If you don’t want to login, quickly search our database of over 10,000 foods to find calories, fat and carbs.

Restaurant Calorie Search – Without logging in, you can browse the nutrition facts for over a dozen fast food joints.
To use SparkPeople mobile:
Simply go to Mobile.SparkPeople.com on your phone

Note that standard data charges from your carrier will apply (you will never be charged by SparkPeople)
If you have problems, feedback, or ideas we encourage you to join our
SparkPeople Mobile Feedback SparkTeam from your computer.

I haven't use this yet but I will be using it for the first time today. Let me know how it works for you.

davidlleroy
06-26-2008, 04:07 PM
So after using this site for a few hours now I must say I am impressed with the functionality of the existing features and links. Everything currently available is relatively quick and simple to use. It's simple to look up foods. They list cal. count right next to each food. Easy to add foods to your daily log. Easy access to your current "favorites" Also easy to add your cardio activities.

No gripes but a couple of suggestions:

Access to your saved food "groupings"- This would save a ton of time

Acess to updating your "workouts" and not just cardio. Also access to your manually inputed exercises (since this is all I use)

Login points would be nice.

Ability to update water consumption

Very nice mobile site. Any other Spark People users out there try this yet?

juwaack68
06-26-2008, 04:11 PM
I was really hoping this was a remote taser application. ;-)