PDA

View Full Version : 7100i Missed Call Notification

KOR
06-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Hi All,

I've got a user who receives quite a few calls where a timely response is required, but does not alway have her phone on her person. Her phone is set up to use LED repeat notifications, but sometimes she doesn't notice that someone's attempted to call when she gets back to her desk, etc. Does anyone know of a solution that makes use of an audible tone that will repeat, say every 5 minutes or so? Or, am I missing something in the phone config?

Thanks & Ciao

Dawg
06-27-2008, 11:01 AM
bbalerts i think is what you are looking for.

KOR
06-27-2008, 01:21 PM
Thanks Dawg, I'll check it out.

Dawg
06-27-2008, 05:27 PM
anytime my friend

mwyarm
06-28-2008, 08:08 AM
You can't beat this product for the flexibility in options.

https://www.webmessenger.com/products/ma.htm

Dawg
06-28-2008, 08:10 AM
You can't beat this product for the flexibility in options.

https://www.webmessenger.com/products/ma.htm

but this app has nothing to do with the OPs question

mwyarm
06-28-2008, 08:26 AM
It absolutely does. This is the problem I was facing and the solution the product provides. I am a consumer and I am not associated with the product other than I purchased it and I use it:

Scenario: When I arrive home I leave my blackberry downstairs connected to my charger. Insert all of the various reasons for going upstairs in your home (change clothes, take a shower, etc). In my absence of not being near my blackberry someone calls. When I return downstairs I have no intentions to "check" my blackberry to see if someone called or if some important message that I personally defined has arrived or a host of other configurable scenarios.

Solution: Based on your configurable options - missed phone as an example - the software will repeat alert the tone, vibrate, and\or combination you select, the frequency you select, the time of day you select, for all calls, for some calls, ..... the list goes on - it is very flexible through the use of rules. You can do this for phone calls, emails and SMS.

I suggest you read the details at the site.

KOR
07-01-2008, 04:20 PM
anytime my friend

Dawg,

Looks like this is what I need. Any chance you know the difference between the versions (v1.49 & v1.65)?

Thanks & Ciao

KOR
07-01-2008, 04:21 PM
It absolutely does. This is the problem I was facing and the solution the product provides. I am a consumer and I am not associated with the product other than I purchased it and I use it:

Scenario: When I arrive home I leave my blackberry downstairs connected to my charger. Insert all of the various reasons for going upstairs in your home (change clothes, take a shower, etc). In my absence of not being near my blackberry someone calls. When I return downstairs I have no intentions to "check" my blackberry to see if someone called or if some important message that I personally defined has arrived or a host of other configurable scenarios.

Solution: Based on your configurable options - missed phone as an example - the software will repeat alert the tone, vibrate, and\or combination you select, the frequency you select, the time of day you select, for all calls, for some calls, ..... the list goes on - it is very flexible through the use of rules. You can do this for phone calls, emails and SMS.

I suggest you read the details at the site.

Dawg is correct; this app addresses e-mail & sms. I need something that addresses missed phone calls. I read the product description and found no mention of the app being able to do what I'm looking for, unless I'm missing something...

Dawg
07-01-2008, 04:28 PM
my bad I just read webmessenger I thought you posted a link to the im program