PDA

View Full Version : help please

hamasehf
06-28-2008, 02:07 PM
so i got the new blackberry curve a few months ago from AT&T. it worked great even though i dropped it a few times, but no real damage except for a few scratches on the back. then a few days ago it started tweaking out. i mainly use it for text (being a teenager and all..) but as i was texting it would keep trying to send the message, even though i didnt click send. then the little rolly ball in the middle completely stopped working and it became non respondent. now it just doesnt even turn on at all!
i opened it up, and saw that the water damage sticker was red. even though i havn't gotten it wet. (ok ok, maybe i touched it when my hands were wet and got a few drops on it. but thats it.)
i researched it, and realized that it turned red probably because every time i take a shower i put my phone on the counter, and steam probably got inside it.
i'm going to the AT&T store today in hopes they will replace it.
so what do you guys think. will i get my blackberry replaced or am i doomed to the cheap nokia i am currently using?
..i dont think i can go another day without a full keyboard. :?

rachamphetamine
06-28-2008, 02:09 PM
They might not replace it due to the water damage stickers showing.. well, that water's been on them.

But you never know. It's worth a shot!

hamasehf
06-28-2008, 02:11 PM
but i read somewhere that the stickers are over sensitive. simple humidity could set them off. i don't think AT&T is being very fair on that one :/

John Clark
06-28-2008, 02:14 PM
They will NOT replace it. Warranty is void when sticker is red. End of story.

dankarlinski
06-28-2008, 02:15 PM
it all depends on who you talk to. if you get a nice person or a chick (no offense, but they are very leniant on doing things for you in terms of customer support) then you might have a change.

good luck

hamasehf
06-28-2008, 02:16 PM
can i ask them to fix it?

John Clark
06-28-2008, 02:18 PM
They will do nothing for you. The red sticker is the end of story. Sorry. Their hands are tied. They don't know that it wasn't at the bottom of a lake. They won't be able to fix it in the store.

rachamphetamine
06-28-2008, 02:25 PM
but i read somewhere that the stickers are over sensitive. simple humidity could set them off. i don't think AT&T is being very fair on that one :/

Simple humidity does set them off, just as putting a phone in a pocket on a hot day can give it moisture damage due to sweat. Water damage of any kind is detrimental to phones, like any electronic. As John Clark said, they don't know that your device wasn't totally submerged, despite that you know it was from being in the bathroom while you showered. It's not AT&T being unfair, it's policy - same goes for all devices with the water damage stickers, even the Nokia. Since the stickers have been activated, the most that they can do for you is offer you another device, probably at full retail.

dankarlinski
06-28-2008, 02:34 PM
well, luckly sprint covers water damage =)

John Clark
06-28-2008, 02:40 PM
Wirelessly posted (BB 11020)

If you have the insurance. ;-)