PDA

View Full Version : Willing to shout out $100 for RIM's Code Signature

RobKao
10-15-2004, 09:08 AM
use the poll

Mark Rejhon
10-20-2004, 03:02 PM
A very good question is -- can this code signature only be used once per application, or can be repeatedly used for every subsequent application?

Certain open source authors, such as BlackChat, has shelled out for the money to sign BlackChat. But can the code only be used once, or can be repeatedly used on subsequent versions of the same application? Or even subsequent different applications that the same developer creates?

jaysen
10-20-2004, 04:12 PM
Yes, if it comes with a published BB Developer's Guide reference -- and for public/general use :)

Well I'm willing to DONATE.

RobKao
10-22-2004, 12:27 PM
A very good question is -- can this code signature only be used once per application, or can be repeatedly used for every subsequent application?

Certain open source authors, such as BlackChat, has shelled out for the money to sign BlackChat. But can the code only be used once, or can be repeatedly used on subsequent versions of the same application? Or even subsequent different applications that the same developer creates?

Code signature can be used multiple times on different application by the same user. That's for sure. I've done so. But think the 100 bucks should include some type of BB Programming Guide that is more than the documentation and javadoc that is presently available.

Rob

tliou
10-22-2004, 03:20 PM
Their javadoc is really a joke (n) Most classes only have one-liner in description :x

GhostFalconX
10-24-2004, 08:10 AM
They definitely should improve their JDE. It is terrible!!!

berryapps
10-24-2004, 05:01 PM
If someone wants me to sign one of thier apps I would be willing to do it for a small fee through paypal or something. I dropped the cash for the signing privilege.

And yes you can use the code signer about a 2 billion times as far as I can see. Doubt anybody will ever hit that.