PDA

View Full Version : 4.5.0.46 Address Book question

crgriggs
06-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Hello All, Today I upgraded my TMO 8320 to 4.5.0.46 without issue. Upon investigating all of the changes and new features I discovered a new look of the Address Book. Before the address book seemed to be one name per line, now it seems that names are spaced at 1.5 or maybe even double spaced.

I've exhausted all of my options so I thought I would post.

Does anyone know a workaround or is this just the way it is?

John Clark
06-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Just the way it is in OS 4.5. There's no option to change it.

camaro322hp
06-29-2008, 09:19 PM
If the contact has a "company name" then it will show on the second line. Most of my contacts do not have a company name associated with them, so it ends up just being wasted space for me. I don't care for it.

crgriggs
06-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Also I've noticed under Address Book, Options you have a Seperator setting. The options are None, Stripes, and Lines. I can't tell any difference between the three. Can anyone tip me off to what exactly this setting does?

crgriggs
06-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Just the way it is in OS 4.5. There's no option to change it.

John, It's not the answer I was hoping for but now I have my answer. Thanks

If the contact has a "company name" then it will show on the second line. Most of my contacts do not have a company name associated with them, so it ends up just being wasted space for me. I don't care for it.

Interesting bit of info, Thanks for shedding some light on this!

John Clark
06-29-2008, 09:35 PM
If I set mine to "lines" then I get line separators. If I set it to stripes I get no lines but just shading differences between contacts.

crgriggs
06-29-2008, 09:39 PM
If I set mine to "lines" then I get line separators. If I set it to stripes I get no lines but just shading differences between contacts.

Cool, I see that now. Very faint but once I got in better lighting or held my BB at an angle I could see this.

Thanks again