PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions(edge & 3g, video); help appreciated

rygel411
06-30-2008, 06:23 AM
I have 2 questions concerning my tmobile 8800. The first one is; on the back of it the case says 3g CDMA, does that mean that since my phone is unlocked, if I moved on to sprint let's say, would the phone function at 3g speeds or is it hard-wired to only go edge speed since it was shipped under tmobile?

2nd question; I have os 4.5.0.42 on my phone, however I'm having problems streaming from cnn, when I open a video, the actual video plays but there is no sound until close to the end of it so its obviously not in sync. I don't have any problems with other sites, just cnn. Has anyone else had this happen? Thanks in advance.

NJBlackBerry
06-30-2008, 06:45 AM
The 8800 is a GSM model; it has nothing to do with 3G or CDMA. Not sure what the case is trying to tell you. It will run on EDGE and nothing else.

You cannot, under any circumstances, move an 8800 to Sprint.

Since you are running a beta version of the OS, all bets are off on what works and what doesn't.

Dubdub
06-30-2008, 06:48 AM
Question 1. If you have an 8800 on T-Mo, it is a GSM device, not CDMA and it is not 3G capable. You cannot put a T-Mo GSM device on a CDMA network - Verizon or Sprint. First of all it is incompatible technology and second, Verizon and Sprint only allow their own branded phones on their networks. Unlocking will allow you to use it on another GSM network, such as ATT.

Question 2. Welcome to the world of Beta software. You might get a better response if you post in the Beta section.