PDA

View Full Version : streaming video on cnn

rygel411
06-30-2008, 07:25 AM
I have a quick question; has anyone had problems streaming video on cnn? When I open up a video, it will play but the sound won't come on until just about the end of the video: no other site has this problem. Has anyone experienced anything similar? My phone is a tmo 8800 with 4.5.0.42, thanks in advance

akosnitzky
06-30-2008, 07:56 AM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830)

Wow. I look forward to what others say. You are able to get abc news and TMZ? I pose the questions because those sites along with CNN work OTA on the lower OS systems.

jeremyckitching
06-30-2008, 08:10 AM
I am experiencing the same issue. If I save the video instead of streaming it it works fine.

rygel411
06-30-2008, 08:24 AM
Yeah every other site, except for cnn, works fine. Its the wierdest thing, even youtube works. I just wish I could get cnn up and running because I'm a big news junkie and cnn has the best news site(next to drudge) in my opinion. And I don't want to save the video because it simply takes too long to download and save.

rygel411
06-30-2008, 08:30 AM
I double posted, srry

fizzleation
06-30-2008, 09:56 PM
to get cnn videos to work on firefox 2 I had to download some turner video plugin. My guess is that is why you are having problems, as that won't work for a bb.

irockash
06-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Yeah every other site, except for cnn, works fine. Its the wierdest thing, even youtube works. I just wish I could get cnn up and running because I'm a big news junkie and cnn has the best news site(next to drudge) in my opinion. And I don't want to save the video because it simply takes too long to download and save.

Except their technology section... always outdated.

Just tried the site, video but no sound. When I had a Windows Mobile device though, I could hardly ever get it to work, not even video.

PhoneHand
07-01-2008, 05:06 AM
I cant even get youtube to work on .44 :( I go to stream it and it always gives me a error. No connection or failed

sid_kid
09-14-2008, 09:21 AM
i tried to view a video on cnn mobile this morning for the first time and i couldn't get it to work at all. it would buffer the video but once it started to play it would show the first frame and the screen would go black. after this if i tried selecting the play button it gave me an error message that the media was of an unsupported type. strange. i can view videos from youtube mobile no problem so i'm not sure why cnn wouldn't work. any ideas?

jibi
09-14-2008, 10:35 AM
to get cnn videos to work on firefox 2 I had to download some turner video plugin. My guess is that is why you are having problems, as that won't work for a bb.It's different for the mobile site. It's a 3gp file, so there should technically be no issues with regards to plugins. There's likely some sort of issue with the codec or something used to encode it.

jibi
09-14-2008, 10:40 AM
For what it's worth, I'm testing a number of them today and they work fine on my Bold over Wi-Fi. Nothing like what happened when this thread was first made with OS 4.5 and EDGE streaming. I'm curious if it may be a bitrate being too high for EDGE-based streaming.

akosnitzky
09-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Maybe the 4.5 group has to wait for a 4.6 device.