PDA

View Full Version : Profiles - turn off notifications for email

tetta17
08-16-2005, 09:00 AM
New to the 7250. Read the manual but I do not see a way to completely diasable notifications (vibrate or audible) for email messages received. I imagine that this can be done?

Dawg
08-16-2005, 09:03 AM
go into profiles and turn off what you dont want very simple

tetta17
08-16-2005, 09:23 AM
I go into profiles, try to edit the default profile, shoose "level 1 messages" but all I see is the ability to change tones.

NJBlackBerry
08-16-2005, 09:31 AM
Not level 1 messages. Go intop Options / Profiles / Default and change the settings for "Messages". That controls the notification for e-mails.

Dawg
08-16-2005, 09:32 AM
you dont see change holster options thats weird also might have to change messages not just level 1

jdh
08-16-2005, 09:32 AM
Highlight the word "Tone" or "Vibrate" that appears beside the "In-Holster" or "Out-of-Holster" labels, and change it to "None"

Dawg
08-16-2005, 09:40 AM
sometimes the simple steps escape my thoughts when giving directionsHighlight the word "Tone" or "Vibrate" that appears beside the "In-Holster" or "Out-of-Holster" labels, and change it to "None"

Girion
08-16-2005, 10:51 AM
I copied the default to a new profile that I called "Sleep" and then I edited all of the notifications for everything to "Mute" except the phone...that way, if an emergency call comes in, I get it, but random e-mail at 1:47am doesn't wake me up and p*ss me off. :)

mylan
08-21-2005, 02:10 PM
Help-I cannot find the Profiles for Holster at all...where should I be looking? I also want to know re the email notification sounds - it seems to only work only on vibrate and then it rings. I tried quiet and it does not sound at all...
Does this also control the telephone sound??? Sorry but am confused. It I go into Options as you state, there is no profiles under options....

loren
08-22-2005, 09:23 AM
At the main screen, look for Profiles. In each profile, for every possible notification, there are 2 choices. What to do when it's in the holster, and what to do when it's out.

And yes, you have options for phone ring, volume and a bunch of other stuff.

Girion
08-22-2005, 09:54 AM
its the icon that looks like a little speaker, click on it, and then the profile you're currently using will be highlited. then click the trackwheel and select "edit" this will allow you to control the sounds and notifications for each item...

e-mail is "messages" btw, PINs are "level 1 messages" by default (if I'm mistaken, someone here will correct me)