PDA

View Full Version : Sync with Outlook 2007?

sturner
07-01-2008, 06:28 AM
Going to the Verizon store today to purchase the Curve 8330. I got some very good information from you folks yesterday but as I was searching through some of the older posts I've noticed some issues with syncing calendar and contacts with Outlook 2007. I need to be able to sync my calendar, contacts and tasks from my work pc (outlook 2007 thru a MS Exchange server). Should I be concerned about this? Is this really an issue at this point in time? Is there anything specific that needs to be done in order for this to work? Please respond if you know as I am about to make this purchase. Thank you all again.

sturner
07-01-2008, 06:34 AM
Maybe should have given you some more information. I will be using BIS and installing the Desktop Software (not redirector) to my work pc.

shuman
07-01-2008, 10:37 AM
I am using Outlook 2007 with BES and Exchange and it works fine for me.

rambo47
07-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Wireless sync is only available through BES, not BIS. The only option I see it to have your BB added to your work BES. Depending on company IT Policy, you may or may not be able to get personal email on it. Your admins would know the answer to that. Otherwise, the only way to sync would be through the desktop software on your work pc with a physical USB connection.

alisamarie
07-23-2008, 11:35 AM
any further details on getting outlook 2007 to sync? It does not appear as an option for me to select for syncronization.

aznHypnotix
07-23-2008, 06:27 PM
on your blackberry desktop manager, go to synchronize, configuration, configure sync and configure all your conduits to sync with outlook

Dubdub
07-24-2008, 09:14 AM
I never recommend using a personal BB on a company BES, as nothing is personal any longer.

If you are going to use BIS and your company allows POP/IMAP access that will be the way to go. Talk to your BES Admin and IT staff to get the info. You will have to use Desktop Manager to sync contacts and calendar. No wireless sync unless you are on BES. Email does not sync. Just remember to set up your PC email client to "leave mail on server".