PDA

View Full Version : needing to completely reset a 7210

masterbuddha
08-16-2005, 03:29 PM
I sold my old 7210 on ebay about a month ago... I had actually bought it on ebay a couple of months before that. The new owner tells me that he is still receiving another users email on the blackberry... I never had the email or blackberry service activated on it.

Is there anyway to completely reset the blackberry software and wipe all the old password and pin info. This phone is operating on a new sim card etc... and is on the ATT network.... any help would be great

Mr Pink57
08-16-2005, 03:44 PM
Wirelessly posted (your electric?: BlackBerry7520/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3 UP.Link/5.1.2.12)

Go to options,security,click thumbwheel, an go to wipe handheld. I think the default password is all 0's.

pink

penguin3107
08-16-2005, 03:52 PM
I sold my old 7210 on ebay about a month ago... I had actually bought it on ebay a couple of months before that. The new owner tells me that he is still receiving another users email on the blackberry... I never had the email or blackberry service activated on it.

Is there anyway to completely reset the blackberry software and wipe all the old password and pin info. This phone is operating on a new sim card etc... and is on the ATT network.... any help would be great

The person you bought the Blackberry from probably set up a BIS/BWC account and integrated that particular device. That's probably why the new person is receiving someone elses e-mail on it.
Even if they wipe the handheld, the e-mail will still come once the Blackberry receives the web client service book again. It will most likely be pushed out once the device registers on the network.

The owner of the device probably needs to contact his provider and see if there's any way to disable whatever BWC account the device is registered to.