PDA

View Full Version : Data charges on my account

Justin Holt
07-03-2008, 09:51 AM
I will admit it. I own a Blackberry Pearl, but I bought it used through my work. There for I did not sign up for the Blackberry Plan or any form of data for my account. I noticed a $2.17 charge on my account for data usage. We have unlimted Pics, Texts, Videos and the such on our account.

My question is, just because I'm using a blackberry, I shouldn't be getting wacked any bit for data right?

Justin

rachamphetamine
07-03-2008, 11:51 AM
As far as I know, if you have no data plan, you will get charged for data usage per kb.

takeshi
07-03-2008, 12:40 PM
My question is, just because I'm using a blackberry, I shouldn't be getting wacked any bit for data right?

If by "pics" you mean MMS then you will get billed as MMS on a BB requires data. I'm guessing you're on pay-per-use for MMS.

Justin Holt
07-03-2008, 04:15 PM
But what if I am billed the what ever it is for unlimited mms? Should I still be getting hit with data charges?

djm2
07-03-2008, 05:30 PM
I suspect that your best option is to talk to AT&T and see what these charges are for and, if you dispute the legitimacy of the charges because of other characteristics of your plan, work with them to resolve it. We simply don't know enough about the details of your plan or what you might have done -- clicked on the brower while the BB was in your pocket, for example -- that may have caused these charges. Or it could be a billing error -- they do happen sometimes.

Justin Holt
07-03-2008, 06:56 PM
Ok, thanks all.

Lunga Bunga
07-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Justin ~
They have a PDA Plan.......... unlimited Data Usage and Internet for $30.00 a month. I was told you WON'T be charged for Data usage with this plan.
Tony. (y) :bb: