PDA

View Full Version : Memory problems

pvdiamon
07-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Which BBs now have the memory issue? I have an 8130 that I often reset to get memory back. However, a friend just got a new Curve, has downloaded tons, and had something like 35 megs. Are new versions coming with more memory? Is it just the Pearl that requires the memory maintenance?

John

NJBlackBerry
07-04-2008, 02:38 PM
The 8330 has more internal memory. Hence the 35mb free.

I have never had a memory issue, so I can't specifically answer your question. It all depends on the applications that you are using. The Bold (9000) has 1gb.

Thatzmister2u
07-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Which BBs now have the memory issue? I have an 8130 that I often reset to get memory back. However, a friend just got a new Curve, has downloaded tons, and had something like 35 megs. Are new versions coming with more memory? Is it just the Pearl that requires the memory maintenance?

John

John,

If you properly optimize your memory, close applications properly and perform a reset every week or two you should not have any issues with your device. If you are asking if there is a device that does not have the memory leak the answer is not at this time.

E-

pvdiamon
07-04-2008, 04:16 PM
John,

If you properly optimize your memory, close applications properly and perform a reset every week or two you should not have any issues with your device. If you are asking if there is a device that does not have the memory leak the answer is not at this time.

E-

I manage the issue reasonably well. But apparently the new Curve has so much memory relative to the Pearl that any leak will be a minimal issue. For me, if I want to keep 13 meg or so, I have to be careful.

John

John Clark
07-04-2008, 04:40 PM
That's a fact. They finally started putting a decent amount of memory on board. Have you been through my Optimize your BB's memory post?