PDA

View Full Version : Question about my Blackberry 8703e (I'm a brand new forum member)

Kootsi
07-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Edit** Decided to add my quick question at top so you don't have to read entire post. Can I sell a replacement BlackBerry 8703e I got from insurance? Would a potential buyer be able to use it or is it locked to just my account?

Hi everyone! I'm a long time lurker here, and this will be my first post.

Here's my situation:

I dropped my Blackberry 8703e in the sink briefly. Initially it messed up pretty bad and I was certain it was fried. I had insurance and made a claim and got a replacement 8703e in the mail.

However, my old BB is actually working fine now. I took the battery out and let it dry for a couple days. I'm surprisingly having no problems with it at all now. So now I have two B 8703e's. My old one and the one I got from insurance.

When I called sprint to setup my replacement BB 8703e they gave me a code to use. It was something like ##554309. (I have it written down but not sure if that was exactly the code) Then they had me go in and plug in my phone # into the two fields.

I did that with my new BB but decided to switch back to my old one because I didn't have a current backup and didn't want to lose all that data when I switched phones.

So I'm back to using my old BB, but I have this new one I don't know what to do with it.

So my question is: Can I sell the new BB 8703e? Would someone with a Sprint plan be able to use it or would Sprint not let them activate it since it is linked to my account? Is the code (##554309) Sprint gave me the code to unlock it?

Just wondering if I can sell it to recover the $50 I paid on my insurance claim.

Thanks for your help everyone. I apologize for the length of my post. I suppose I could have made it more brief. :razz:

John Clark
07-05-2008, 05:16 PM
If it were me, I'd keep it in case the old one does start acting funny or dies. Yes, you could sell it, though.