PDA

View Full Version : Telus Windows Live Messenger Now Works!

sticker99
07-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Hi everyone,
I was wondering for the Telus users if the Windows Live Messenger icon appeared on their BBs, like it did for me (boy, was I excited!), I installed it and it works fine. My question is this:

It appears that when you turn on your phone, Win Live Mesesnger automatically signs in and it DOESN'T DRAIN THE BATTERY! which is amazing, I don't see the data icons sending or receiving when I have it minimized, yet I receive messages automatically. Messages you also receive are shown on your blackberry messages list which is nice as well and it shows an icon when you get an unread message and the sounds correspond to your BB sound profile :D

I was wondering if it does in fact drain your battery and if its ok to leave it on all day or is it constantly sending receiving, but it appears its just connected and idling until i get a message...which is nice. thanks :D

kjdoug
07-11-2008, 08:08 PM
i just got wlm for my rogers blackberry and it works...woo hoo

rjw3000
07-11-2008, 09:02 PM
It doesn't use up much battery at all to leave it running all the time in the background

sticker99
07-11-2008, 11:41 PM
It doesn't use up much battery at all to leave it running all the time in the background

I've noticed that it doesn't affect the battery at all...finally they released it, I was using the blackberry ebuddy beta version, and it would kill the battery...its like win live idles on the server and pushes the messages to you efficiently :) its amazing, its always on!

BlacSpawn
07-12-2008, 12:04 AM
I've notice that it doesn’t use up my battery life @<hidden> all. I have it running all day. About time they release this to everyone. (y)

sticker99
07-12-2008, 11:09 AM
I've notice that it doesn’t use up my battery life @<hidden> all. I have it running all day. About time they release this to everyone. (y)

I can confirm that as well, I left it on over night for about 12 hours, and it only went down from 75% to 65%, or was it 70% to 65%...I can't remember, either way it is great.

I am just interested now to determine if its actually sending/rec all the time or it only does that when you get a message, like it pushes the message to the device?