PDA

View Full Version : Saving Emails

udeluz
07-13-2008, 09:27 PM
How do I get all my saved e-mails off my BB?

lostangel
07-13-2008, 10:40 PM
How do I get all my saved e-mails off my BB?

Err...go to Messages, hit menu, then hit view saved messages...?

You really have to be more specific here...

Ray

self-made_tool
07-13-2008, 10:59 PM
How do I get all my saved e-mails off my BB?Hopefully you don't have a lot, but I believe you have to forward the saved e-mails individually. If you still have access, would it be easier to save/archive them from the actual e-mail account?

takeshi
07-14-2008, 09:11 AM
The real answer is that you should have been integrating an existing email account with BIS. You could then retrieve and do whatever with your email on your PC.

If, instead, you have been using your *.blackberry.net account which is not recommended then you'll need to forward each email. I highly recommend not using that address for anything other than forwarding.

udeluz
07-14-2008, 04:55 PM
Ok...I have 3 email accounts on my BB All my important emails are saved. Is there a way to auto forward all incoming emails to my BB to lets say Gmail or something?

self-made_tool
07-15-2008, 04:27 AM
Ok...I have 3 email accounts on my BB All my important emails are saved. Is there a way to auto forward all incoming emails to my BB to lets say Gmail or something?There isn't an option on the Blackberry to forward e-mail to another e-mail account. If you want the e-mails from your three accounts to go to a Gmail account (in addition to your Blackberry), you will have to set up the fowarding from the individual e-mail accounts. Some web-based e-mail providers (e.g., Yahoo!) may charge extra for forwarding capabilities. Additionally, if you are receiving e-mail using a client application, you may have the option to create a rule.

takeshi
07-15-2008, 11:15 AM
You don't have webmail or other access to those email accounts? Trying to save from the BB is probably the worst approach possible.

I'd seriously recommend using gmail or some other email provider as you'll have email stored in gmail as well as your BB right off the bat with no strange workarounds required.