PDA

View Full Version : Help with 8310 and IMAP

tND2k
07-14-2008, 10:30 AM
At first I wanted to use the email account I have with my host (DreamHost). I got frustrated with not being able to see the folders in that account.. from what I can tell, it has to do with IMAP folder prefix issues-- the folders residing under the inbox as opposed to residing on the same level as the inbox.

So, next option was to use my .MAC account, but now that I've added the account, I also see no folders. When I select a message on my 8310, there is no option to file.

Am I doing something wrong? Can anyone help?

Thanks,
David

WFLDEng611
07-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Your not doing anything wrong, you need an enterprise server to see your folders (BES). You have Blackberry Internet Service (BIS). BES comes from a couple of sources, your company or a third party service. You can look in the sponsor section and find a couple of third party BES hosting companies, the cost will be about $120.00/year, plus you might have to upgrade your service with AT&T to a BES service plan.

Once you do that then for your Mac to sync the changes wirelessly, you will have to run Entourage. If you do not have a copy the third party BES hosting companies give you a copy. Entourage is Microsoft Exchange ready.