PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! (vz provider)

MayhemMommy
07-16-2008, 08:17 AM
I just got my new blackberry and I am having trouble at adding ringtones and themes. This is my first attempt at using a phone that isn't a point and click kind of phone.

I follow the directions to add either a ringtone or theme but when I get to the click download I don't have that option... I even tried to e-mail one I have but it says attachment removed.... what am I doing wrong??

Is there a way to get to the verizon tones and tones they way my old phone used to?

zerog46
07-16-2008, 10:05 AM
Wirelessly posted (BB 8330)

You need to use the DM to add themes on your PC by going to application loader. For ringtones if you have a media card,sd card you can enable mass storage mode and just drag and drop them to the card. Or you can email them to the BB if they are in the MP3 format, I'm not sure what other formats you can use for ringtones.

MayhemMommy
07-16-2008, 10:41 AM
You need to dumb that down for me.... this is my first BB so I have no Idea what a DM is or how to use it

I tried e-mailing an MP3 file but it said "attachment removed"

daphne
07-16-2008, 12:03 PM
This FAQ explains how to get ringtones on your device.

How do I get ringtones on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_get_ringtones_on_my_BlackBerry%3F)

I'd recommend you read through the FAQ and read the Help info on the device. That will answer a lot of your questions.

DM is Desktop Manager -- the software for your PC. You should go to Verizon's site and download the latest version of Desktop Manager and install it.

BlackBerry® Software Updates (http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/)

NickfromIL
07-16-2008, 12:12 PM
The FAQ's here are a very good place to start. There is a lot of knowledge there. When trying to download the themes, are you going from the BB? If so, make sure it says it is an OTA (Over The Air) download, typically a file ending in .jad . If it is a zip file, then you will need to download via PC, and use the Application Loader in Desktop Manager.

Also, welcome to BBF!