PDA

View Full Version : OCS Client on Bold

Gurivera
07-16-2008, 04:35 PM
There´s any Office Communicator Server Client available for Bold ?

hansenc
07-16-2008, 10:40 PM
I'm interested in knowing this too. I think if you are running a BES with OCS you can use blackberry messenger but I havent setup a BES yet.

johncon3
07-17-2008, 06:23 AM
To quote Shakespeare...

No Freaking Way Chuck!!

Microsoft isn't going to develop a client on anything other than Windows Mobile as they see RIM as being a competitor. Switch to Cisco Unified Communications, you can use their client on any RIM device (or Symbian or WM6.x) and will give you much better functionality and flexibility.

Microsoft is an open platform, as long as you only use their products.

johncon3
07-17-2008, 06:24 AM
aaa

penguin3107
07-17-2008, 07:05 AM
To quote Shakespeare...

No Freaking Way Chuck!!

Microsoft isn't going to develop a client on anything other than Windows Mobile as they see RIM as being a competitor. Switch to Cisco Unified Communications, you can use their client on any RIM device (or Symbian or WM6.x) and will give you much better functionality and flexibility.

Complete nonsense.
I think you might want to read up on BES Collaboration Services.
As far as enterprise instant messaging is concerned, BES has supported Microsoft LCS and Lotus Sametime for years. OCS will be officially supported in the next service pack (SP6) which is due out in a few weeks.

drew95054
07-21-2008, 10:35 PM
Complete nonsense.
I think you might want to read up on BES Collaboration Services.
As far as enterprise instant messaging is concerned, BES has supported Microsoft LCS and Lotus Sametime for years. OCS will be officially supported in the next service pack (SP6) which is due out in a few weeks.

I work for a company that is currently working with RIM to beta the new BES version, and we use OCS internally, so naturally we're testing for blackberry as well, so I volunteered to be a test device. So far it works well but the recovery from going in and out of a coverage area is slower than I'd like. Other than that it's the identical experience as on the desktop. So now you can be logged in 20 hours a day and pretend to be an overachiever! I attached a pic (sorry it's blurry it was taken via webcam) cause I know people in this forum will call me a liar, since only three lines up multiple people said OCS for BB will never exist... ugh...

drew95054
07-21-2008, 10:37 PM
To quote Shakespeare...

No Freaking Way Chuck!!

Why would you say something without even researching? Jeez... why would you switch to Cisco Unified? Do you use Cisco Mail and Cisco Word Processor too? LOL.... Research comments before you make them and sound foolish.